With its continual drive to provide safe, clean and personal care for patients, Salford Royal Hospital is one of the highest performing Trusts in the country. The hospital's dedicated staff of 7,000 provide hospital, community, primary and social care services to the City of Salford and specialist services to Greater Manchester and beyond. The hospital was the first in the North of England to achieve an Outstanding rating -- the highest rating given -- by the Care Quality Commission.
Salford Royal Hospital also has an over 40-year history as a University Teaching Trust, training and educating a broad range of clinicians.
An overlook of the major building of Salford Royal Hospital from gardens.
- Transferring patients between departments will have reduced risk as patients will be continuously monitored.
- Various peripheral monitoring technologies have been removed, providing a more streamlined theatre environment.
- Standardisation is providing cost-saving on accessories and helps harmonise staff training.
- Clinicians believe the technology will ultimately improve efficiency, safety and patient outcomes.
- Future-proofed investment – visibility and collection of patient data will be greatly improved when Salford connects all monitors to their electronic record system.